Thank you for your interest in Portraits, Inc.
We are always interested in adding new talent to our roster of outstanding artists, and we invite you to submit your work to us during our annual review period during the month of June. Our selections are made with the goal of maintaining the highest standards of artistic excellence, and to ensure that we offer the strongest variety of styles, mediums, and price ranges to our clients.
The 2017 review period has ended and applicants will be notified of our decision by the end of August. No further submissions will be accepted until our 2018 review period beginning June 1st, 2018. To prepare your work for next year's review, please assemble the following:
- A digital portfolio in JPG or PDF format including 7-10 examples of your most recent portraits. Portraits may be of people, animals, or architecture. Images of non-portrait work (illustrations, genre scenes, figure studies, etc.) should be sent in addition to, not instead of, your portrait examples. Please specify the medium and size of each portrait. Please size the images appropriately so that your examples can be submitted in two e-mails or fewer.
- Reference photographs of your subjects, whenever possible, to show the quality of the likenesses.
- Your biography listing education, exhibition history, awards, and any articles published. Please include your website.
- Your current price list and a description of your working methods. Prices submitted should reflect a 60% (artist) - 40% (agency) arrangement.
- Please list the number of portraits you are able to paint in a year, your turnaround time from first sitting to delivery, and any other agencies/agents who currently represent your portrait work.
- A $25 application fee must be included with each portfolio in order to be reviewed.